Established in 1997 we are proud to be New Zealand's leading private heart health group with 30 Cardiologists. We have a unique and diverse range of experience that helps us provide a comprehensive service offering a full range of consultative, diagnostic and therapeutic care. Our vision is to treat all patients with skill and compassion.
Our team works closely with referring specialists and GPs to ensure the best outcome for patients. We work as a close team to ensure that our patients receive the best possible care with support from cardiac nurses, sonographers, physiology technicians and our administration team.
- Dyslipidaemia (elevated cholesterol levels)
- Preventative cardiology
- Coronary artery disease
- Chest pain investigations
- Management of known coronary artery disease
- Management after a myocardial infarct (heart attack)
- Management after coronary stenting or coronary artery bypass grafting
- Valvular heart disease
- Investigation of heart murmurs
- Surveillance of known valvular heart disease
- Management following heart valve surgery
- Heart failure
- Investigation of shortness of breath
- Investigation and management of heart failure
- Atrial fibrillation and atrial flutter
- Investigation of palpitations
- Syncope/ dizzy episodes
- POTS syndrome
- Insurance Medicals
Cardiac care in Special Groups
- Paediatric cardiology
- Sports cardiology
- Heart disease in women
- Maternal heart disease in pregnancy
- Cardiac inherited diseases
- Marfan’s and other hereditary aortopathies
- Management of complex arrhythmias
- Supraventricular tachycardia (SVT) ablation
- Atrial flutter ablation
- Pulmonary vein isolation (PVI, atrial fibrillation ablation)
- Ventricular tachycardia ablation
- Pacemaker insertion
- Implantable defibrillators
- Exercise stress echocardiography
- Transoesophageal echo
- CT angiography
- CT calcium score testing
- Cardiac MR scanning
- Coronary angiography
- Coronary stenting (PCI)
- TAVI (transcutaneous aortic valve implantation)
- PFO (patent foramen ovale) and ASD (atrial septal defect) closure
- Left atrial appendage closure
- Carotid artery stenting
- Renal artery stenting
The Heart Group cardiologists are currently involved in a wide range of research and provide national leadership in many aspects of cardiac care.
The Heart Group is an Affiliated Provider to the Southern Cross Health Society benefiting all parties through timely and efficient approval processes.
The Heart Group is a preferred provider for AIA and nib.
Our trained staff are always on hand and happy to answer any queries.
Visiting The Heart Group for the first time?
Before your visit our secretaries will be in contact with you to ensure that we have your referral letter, plan your appointment time and organise any additional tests required. They will check your health insurance details and where appropriate will apply in advance, on your behalf, for insurance cover.
On the day of your visit please make sure you allow a little time for parking. Please bring a friend or relative if you feel it would be helpful.
Payment (if any) is expected on the day.
If you are scheduled to walk on the treadmill please wear comfortable clothing and shoes suitable for walking. We will provide you with a gown if required as electrodes will be applied to your chest for the ECG.
Shower facilities are available in most of our rooms.
Information on other tests we may require is available on our website.